Linking up with The Blended Blog this morning. Loved anawering these back to school questions as it is my very time of year. A new school year is a fresh slate and there is a sense of anticipation for the adventures the year will bring.
2. After Labor Day. I grew up in a tourism based community so I think there was pressure to not begin school until after the last busy weekend of summer.
3. I am a morning person now but during my school days not so much. In high school I used to shower, do my make up and somehow end up back in bed most mornings. The struggle was real.
4. Was never much of a breakfast person. Would usually do a bowl of cereal and in high school a cup of coffee. ( Yes, I began drinking coffee at 14)
5. Back then I liked Corn Flakes (could I pick a more boring cereal!?!). Now if I do cereal I try to eat a high fiber option like Kashi.
6. Have never attended a school that required a uniform.
7. Absolutely a new outfit for the first day. My very first day of high school I wore an acid washed Guess mini skirt with a pink sweatshirt at least 5 sizes too large for me, pink slouchy socks stuffed into my Tretorn tennis shoes and my gigantic perm was attempted to be tamed with a bandana handkerchief I had fashioned into a headband. Could I have been more of an 80s fashion victim!?!
8. In elementary school I lived close enough to walk but we moved to the country when I was in third grade where the bus was the only option.
9. Backpacks in my younger days. In high school I favored totes with gigantic designer labels. Again the 80s.
10. Sometimes packed a lunch but usually ate the school lunch. I was pretty picky about it so am not sure how much lunch I actually consumed most days.
11. For most of my school experience chocolate was only an option on Fridays. But part way through high it was offered every day so of course I drank it every day. But I actually sort of missed it being a special Friday thing.
12. Snoopy lunch box in elementary school. In high school a brown bag.
13. At recess my friends and I would trade stickers for our collections or play Strawberry Shortcake dolls which we’d brought from home.
14. New box of 64 Crayons
15. in case you haven’t caught on yet…I am OLD! So chalkboard of course!
16. Regular pencil.
17. I didn’t bring a ton of work home as I tried to get it done at school. But probably after dinner as after school was for Loveboat reruns.
18. Cookies usually. On one memorable occasion I ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies. RIP awesome metabolism.
19. Loveboat reruns.
21. Gym class and chemistry was a struggle.
22. Kirsten–we live in different states now but still keep in touch.
24. I took both, but the colleges I applied for required the ACT.
25. Went out on a high note, senior year was by far the best. We had a lot of fun!
26. I unenthusiastically had a class ring. I chose an inexpensive one which was good as I promptly lost it.
27. My clas had a 10 and 20 year reunion and I attended both. So fun to catch up!